Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ugly Bug Ball


With Isabella turning seven today and Samuel's second birthday just around the corner for tomorrow, we decided they should share a family celebration. We chose an "Ugly Bug Ball" theme as the kids had these fun bumble bee spring outfits and since we were doing this as a spring picnic.. it just worked! Plus who doesn't love the classic Ugly Bug Ball music from Disney's Summer Magic.


We cooked burgers on the grill and enjoyed watching all the cousins play outdoors and perform Wii Karaoke for us. It was a great day. I was especially happy since Samuel's first birthday was not during a very strong period of wellness last year and I am so thankful he was able to dance and sing this time while surrounded by all the people who love him.



Bella really enjoyed belting out some tunes and showing us her best dance moves. I can't believe how grown up she has become in the last year! It really became obvious as I listened to her reading her birthday cards with ease and thanking everyone without the reminders. WOW.. they grow so fast!



Sammy also decided to use the party as an opportunity to flex some fine motor skills as I watched him all of a sudden pick up his fork and start feeding his own cake to himself. I guess I was not shoveling it in at his desired pace! Such a funny little man! He is learning new things every day but it is I who has learned the most from him. He was so sweet all day.. full of hugs. I just wish I could keep him this way for the rest of his years. I sure love all these cute bugs!


2 comments:

  1. That picture of Sam feeding himself the cake is absolutely priceless. He is doing amazing!! You are definitely a Mom to look up to - don't know how you do it all, Amanda! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic pictures! Everyone of them made me smile! I'm so glad you all had a terrific day! One of these days, I'm gonna get in my car and drive you way for a visit! I need to get my hands on those precious children!....and you, Jason, and Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete